Holly Quick Backlist Reviews, Bookman!: Week 57

Just to get through some backlog of books I've read, I'll post 4 super short reviews of backlist titles every Wednesday. 

  1. Pedro and George by Delphine Perret (Atheneum Books for Young Readers, 2015): I was very excited because it stars an alligator and a crocodile, but it was a little bit of a let down. 3 stars.
  2. State of the Onion by Julie Hyzy (Berkley, 2008): It was a fairly entertaining mystery although, like with many mystery-genre things, I often felt myself yelling at the protagonist. But it was a very fun ride. 4 stars.
  3. Bossypants by Tina Fey (Little, Brown and Company, 2011): I always love Tina Fey. I learned some interesting tidbits about her, parts of the book made me think, and parts made me laugh out loud. Although, I'll disagree with her that no one noticed when she left SNL...I certainly did. 4 stars.
  4. Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews (Ace, 2007): I really loved the blend of magic, fantasy tropes, and modern day. Plus it had a very effective red herring that I wasn't mad at. All in all, a fun way to spend an afternoon. 5 stars.



Comments

Popular Posts