Holly Quick Backlist Reviews, Bookman!: Week 61

Just to get through some backlog of books I've read, I'll post 4 super short reviews of backlist titles every Wednesday. 

  1. A Dance with Dragons by George R. R. Martin (Bantam, 2011): Probably not my favorite ASOIAF book but it did hint at some fan theories I'd heard about and I always love hearing about Tyrion. Plus we got to meet some new interesting characters. 4 stars.
  2. A Feast for Crows by George R. R. Martin (Bantam, 2005): Not my favorite ASOIAF book, but I LOVED getting Cersei's perspective. 4 stars.
  3. Mei Lanfang: The Art of the Beijing Opera by Li Ling and Cao Juan (Shanghai Book Traders, 2009): If you're interested in such things, it's written clearly and very well. It also has gorgeous photographs and sketches. 5 stars.
  4. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (Pan Books, 1979): Overall, I wish I hadn't seen the movies first because the style had lost some its charm and because I knew the jokes so well, they simply weren't as funny. But as a sci-fi fan, it's good of me to have finally read Douglas Adams. 4 stars.


Comments

Popular Posts