Holly Quick Backlist Reviews, Bookman!: Week 60

Just to get through some backlog of books I've read, I'll post 4 super short reviews of backlist titles every Wednesday. 

  1. Nimona by ND Stevenson (Quill Tree Books, 2015): Imagine a quirky shapeshifter showing up at the Big Bad's house demanding to be his sidekick. The world is a cross between knights and magic of typical fantasy with the ultra-futuristic dystopia common in a lot of sci-fi. Mystery, sexual tension between hot guys, and genuine emotion are present. 5 stars.
  2. Serenity: Leaves on the Wind by Zack Whedon (Dark Horse Comics, 2014): Incredible. There were times when I teared up, times when I laughed, and times when I couldn't turn the page fast enough. Firefly fans, please read the comics. 5 stars.
  3. 1491: New Revelations of the America's Before Columbus by Charles C. Mann (Knopf, 2005): Vital reading. 5 stars.
  4. Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson (Tor Books, 2006): Great. I love the magic element and there is a strong female character who rescues her oblivious love interest. It also touches on a lot of potential problems for revolutions which I thought was cool. 5 stars.



Comments

Popular Posts