Holly Quick Backlist Reviews, Bookman!: Week 46

Just to get through some backlog of books I've read, I'll post 4 super short reviews of backlist titles every Wednesday. 

  1. Baba Yaga's Assistant by Marika McCoola (Candlewick, 2015): An interesting graphic novel. Fantastic art. Unsatisfying ending. 4 stars.
  2. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain (Crown, 2012): Definitely an interesting book with a good goal that I can get behind, but oof it was hard to get through at times. I didn't like how the studies were presented and I got bored of the stories. But an important book for sure. 3 stars.
  3. The Outside Circle by Patti LaBoucane-Benson (House of Anansi Press, 2015): A very intense and interesting read. The novel not only brings up some enlightening, if depressing, statistics and history, but also brings attention to a pretty successful program while telling a compelling story of someone dealing with trauma and improving not only his life but his family's. 5 stars.
  4. Blue Morning by Shoko Hidaka (SuBLime, 2013): At first I liked it, but I'm not sure I'm on the ship of the main character and his butler anymore... 3 stars.



Comments

Popular Posts