Holly Quick Backlist Reviews, Bookman!: Week 52

Just to get through some backlog of books I've read, I'll post 4 super short reviews of backlist titles every Wednesday.

  1. The Dead Lands by Benjamin Percy (Grand Central Publishing, 2015): Post-apocalyptic re-imagining of the Lewis and Clark Saga. Need I say more? Well, I will. I really enjoyed this book. There was a cool balance of historical influence, sci-fi, and fantasy. Plus a terrifying villain, cool character development, and equal gender ratios. 5 stars.
  2. Instructions by Neil Gaiman (Author) and Charles Vess (Illustrator) (HarperCollins, 2015): Soothing. 5 stars.
  3. What Does the Fox Say? by Ylvis (Author), Christian Løchstøer (Author), and Svein Nyhus (Illustrator) (‎Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2013): Wild fun. 5 stars.
  4. Things I Want to Punch in the Face by Jennifer Worick (Prospect Park Books LLC - Prospect Park Books, 2015): While I do share some of the authors frustrations...some were just not relatable to me and she ended too many of the sections with "clever" new ways to say I WANT TO PUNCH IT IN THE FACE. 3 stars.



Comments

Popular Posts