Holly Quick Backlist Reviews, Bookman!: Week 5

Just to get through some backlog of books I've read, I'll post 4 super short reviews of backlist titles every Wednesday.

  1. We Had a Little Real Estate Problem: The Unheralded Story of Native Americans & Comedy by Kliph Nesteroff  (Simon & Schuster; Reprint edition, 2021):  A long neglected history covered by an artful comedic historian. Readers will learn and laugh along the way. 5 stars.
  2. Her Body and Other Parties: Stories by Carmen Maria Machado (Graywolf Press, 2017): While there are some stories that left a great impact on me, some were simply beyond me and left me confused. 4 stars.
  3. Princess Princess Ever After by K. O'Neill (Oni Press, 2016): A sweet and feminist romance that all ages can enjoy. 5 stars.
  4. Mamo by Sas Milledge (BOOM! Box; Proprietary edition, 2022): An intrepid graphic novel that twinkles with magic. 5 stars.








Comments

Popular Posts