Book series to TV show, 23: A Court of Thornes and Roses

Every four weeks, I will be writing about a book series that I think could make a great TV show. 

This is a series I had to double check wasn't already a series--that's how much I assumed that surely someone had snagged those rights. When I did a quick Google, it looks like Hulu had purchased the rights, but then changed their minds and reverted the rights back to the author, Sarah J. Maas.

The reason I'm so bewildered is because this series is so immensely popular. While I have only read the first in the series, I see why. It's a fun romantasy that features some twists on familiar tropes as well as fairy tales. So while aspects feel familiar, it is still somewhat new and definitely spicy.

Of course this series would need incredible makeup and special (or practical) effects. However, the most important thing will be the chemistry between the characters who have romantic entanglements. That chemistry, yearning, and passion is the core of what appeals to the series' fanbase.

I'm sure someone will snag the rights again soon and I (and so many others) will tune in.

A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas, Bloomsbury Publishing


Comments

Popular Posts