Book to movie, 22: The Charm Offensive

Every four weeks, I will be writing about a book that I think could make a great movie.

If you haven't read my review of The Charm Offensive: A Novel by Alison Cochrun, you should. I adored this book. The book combines reality TV tropes, neurodivergent representation, queer romance, and the joy of being truly seen, loved, and supported. 

If you think that combination isn't what romance fans are often clamoring for, you do not know a large section of the fanbase. I would add that I could see this being as popular as Red, White & Royal Blue as something feels similar about the two (although at the moment I can't put my finger on what).

I don't think this movie would need the biggest budget, but finding leads with intense chemistry would be the most important thing to really sell this incredible love story.

The Charm Offensive: A Novel by Alison Cochrun, Atria Books


Comments

Popular Posts